Welcome Gene Hazelton fans !!


Sorry I didnt take better care of these Cartoons and other Items. They have been in the envelope ever since they were recieved. When our parents passed away, Erma and Roy ( God rest their souls) we separated the cartoons among us. Some where lost to flood. Treasures now , I think I should frame them. I really hope you enjoy Gene Hazelton's work. He moved to our home in 1973. I believe him and his family. I was so young at the time, I dont remember. But, the home my dad, Roy B. Marker built was a five bedroom home. I believe the Hazeltons put in a pool from what I see from Satellite. I miss that house and the memories.. Gene R.I.P. and a heartfelt Thankyou Scroll down to read his letter! And to see the cartoon boards

Popular Posts

Followers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Can anyone identify this artwork?

Now theses were also in the envelope.

if any one has any idea about these please leave me a comment.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MY Father used to work for Long,Marker, and Howley contruction company,,, thought maybe this was from another company they worked with.. ?

JohnK said...

Hi Susan

hey I love this blog!

I want to do another post about Gene and link to you.

Do you have any stories about him?

Is he still alive?

Do you have more of his strips? Any from the early 60s?

I talked to him on the phone once about 10 years ago and sent him a bunch of cartoons he worked on.

He's one of the best. I just loved his comic strips when I was a kid.

If you want to email me, you can at

cartoonmister@aol.com

Your pal,

John K.